Donate Life Transplant Games of America
More than just an athletic event, the Donate Life Transplant Games of America is a celebration for everyone connected to organ donation and transplantation. Donor families, living donors, transplant recipients and a host of others whose lives have been impacted by organ donation, will join the Salt Lake City community in "Celebrating the Gift of Life" August 2 - 7, 2018.
The event centers around intense competition between 40 plus teams from across the United States, all chasing the gold, silver and bronze medals, the days and nights are filled with an array of activities that will challenge even the most energetic fan.
Team SoCal invites you to Join Rally Play at the 2018 Donate Life Transplant Games.
- 5K Run/Walk
- Table Tennis
- Texas Hold-em Poker
- Trivia Challenge
- Virtual Triathlon
- Ballroom Dancing
- Bocce Ball
- Youth Olympiad
- Track and Field
- Lyrics for Life
More Than a Competition
- Welcome Reception -The excitement begins as the participants come together at this social to reconnect or start new friendships.
- Opening Ceremony - Official Opening of The Games. Teams and special groups (Donor Families, Living Donor and Quarter Century Club) enter the stadium/arena to cheering supporters for an evening of reflection and celebration.
- Workshops - Sessions offer encouragement, education and support to those who have been affected by organ transplantation and/or donation.
- Coffee House - An open microphone / taping forum for donor families, living donors, recipients and professionals to share a few words. Participants can relax over dessert and coffee and share personal thoughts, stories, poems, songs or other creative expressions about how donation has affected their lives.
- Donor Tribute Ceremony - A special tribute to our loved ones who have donated organ, tissue and cornea at the time of death and to living donors who have given organs so others could have a second chance at life. Without donors, there would be no transplants. Transplant recipients also will be able to pay tribute to those who gave life-saving and life-improving gifts. All donor families and Games participants are encouraged to attend.
- Quarter Century Club Dinner - Come celebrate those who've been fortunate enough to have the Gift of Life for 25+ years. (Additional Cost)
- TGA Quilt Program - A large number of quilts will be displayed through the entire duration of the Games. In addition, there will be a quilt pinning ceremony for those who wish to create a quilt square. Donor families/friends and transplant recipients are encouraged to create a quilt square honoring those who've lost their lives to provide the gift of life to others. During the ceremony, each member will have the opportunity to pin their square to the TGA quilt, which will be completed after the event. The ceremony will honor these heroes and allow time for reflection. If you are interested in creating a quilt square, please see the Transplant Games Quilt Program page.
- Closing Ceremony - Conclusion of the Games and Athletes of the Games recognition.
- Farewell Reception - Opportunity to say goodbye to new friends and team members. Come join teammates, coaches, planners, and local Cleveland hosts in a short celebration of the end of the 2018 Donate Life Transplant Games.